Pages

Tis the Season

Christmas is fast approaching! I'm lucky this year, because Christmas is coming a little early for me. I mentioned a few days ago that our shop has the opportunity this year to donate a decorated Christmas tree to be auctioned off, with proceeds going to the hospital. For some reason, I was put in charge of making a lot of the decorations. So this week has been a frenzy of hot gluing and bow tying! I still have a lot of finishing touches to finish up, and an entire tree topper to make, but I thought I'd give you a sneak preview of some of the decorations! The theme of course, is cake and candy inspired, which was a blast to base decorations around. Our color palate wasn't the traditional red and green. Instead, we went with fun hot pinks and teal blues, with a health does of glitter! 

We had to have cupcakes of course, so I decorated some cupcake sugar cookies!

Cupcakes not your thing? Well how about doughnuts? Very fitting, because our shop also makes doughnuts on Thursdays! 

Colorful rock candy, tied with bows. It'll look beautiful and sparkly against the lights on the tree.

A little peak at our ruffled tree skirt, full of fun plaid, polka dots and plaid


Tomorrow is the big day, actually getting to decorate the tree! I'll admit that I'm nervous, my mom is the big tree decorator around here! I'll let you see how it goes!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment