Pages

The Ghost of Cakes Past..


 So I did it! I made it through my first day of work, and all in all it was fantastic! All the people I work with are super nice and really fun to be around.  I survived making coffee (it's really not that complicated), and I also learned to make something called London Fog, which is half Earl Grey tea, and half steamed milk with a shot of vanilla syrup. Apparently it's delicious, but I guess I'll never know. I have yet to attempt a espresso, but who knows what tomorrow will bring!


So seeing as today is the beginning of a new phase, I thought it might be a good idea to remember where I started. So over the next couple days I'll post pictures of some some of the cakes that I've done in the past little while.


So this is a cake I made in honor of my beautiful niece Daisy being born, hence the D on the cake. Don't get me wrong, I love my nephew Clay, but having a niece to dress up all girly is way too much fun. I love pastels, and pink and green will always be one of my favorite color combinations.

 






















This cake took forever to make! I think I originally planned on it being at least 2 layers, but I had to make every single flower by hand, which took a really long time. So after several hours I diverted to plan B, and decided it would look just as good as a single layer cake. Despite the change in plans, I think it turned out pretty good.


1 comment: