Pages

Sunday Sweets

This week has been crazy. I'm fairly sure that how I start every Sunday Sweets post, but this week I really mean it. This week we had 56 cakes. 34 on Saturday alone, and 18 of them were wedding cakes. And 5 of those wedding cakes were half slabs. Just saying the word half slab can't convey how truly huge and awful they are. They are 15 pounds of pure evil. See for yourself.


That's a ton of cake. Luckily, everything went pretty smoothly, and I survived the mass amounts of cakes. Here are a few of my favorites. 

 This was a fun and sparkly first birthday cake. Pink, polka dotted and topped off with a bow. All my favorites. 

 Alright, this cake was way more impressive in real life. They wanted a damask-esque type pattern, with accents of lime green. Darn my crappy photography skills.

 Speaking of crappy photography skills, no I'm not completely awful, I just don't care that I cut off Rapunzel's head. I hate plastic toys on cakes. They are the result of people who are cheap and don't want to pay for a fondant figure, which would have looked way better. Regardless, I think the tower turned out cute.

 This was one of the wedding cakes. It was so nice to have at least one little one like this. The couple was having a small, backyard BBQ wedding, and the groom is a referee, so the black and white stripes are nod to him.

This one is for my little brother. Nothing like a little Grave Digger to round out the day!

That's all for this week my dears. Hope you have a fantastic rest of the weekend!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment