Pages

Confessions

My name is Sasha, and I'm addicted to all things sweet. I blame it partly on my profession, but it's mostly due to my enormous sweet tooth. I've learned to control my addiction, by not bringing leftover cupcakes home, and not buying any kind of junk food at the grocery store. If it's not in the house, I can't eat it. This system works really well. Except for when I go home to visit my family. Which is two or three times a week. Let me just tell you, my Dad's walk in closet is not for keeping clothes, it's for stashing candy. It's got all the essentials, Hershey's milk chocolate bars with almonds, Milk Duds, licorice and M&M's. My personal favorite at the moment, Hershey Kisses with macadamia nuts. A little taste of heaven. It's not like a eat them by the handful, I'll snag a few here and there. But I realized that I had a real problem today when I went to style my hair. I was just doing my thing, teasing my hair a little, when lo and behold, what do I find tangled into bottom layers of my hair? A Hershey Kiss wrapper. In. My. Hair. And I thought to myself, this is absolutely ridiculous. So from now on, no more sugar for me. No more sneaking candy, and no more cupcakes at work. We'll see how long I can stay strong. Wish me luck!




P.S. Mom and Dad, if you're reading this, it wasn't me that left the Hershey Kisses wrappers all over the house. That was Justin, I swear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment