Pages

Sunday Sweets

Another week come and gone. This week was slower, which was completely refreshing after the total mad house it was last weekend. We also have another busy week to look forward to, since it's Mother's Day this coming weekend. Here are a few of this weeks cakes!


 I'm sure you're all getting sick of flowers and polka dots, but honestly they are still one of my favorites


This next cake has an interesting little story to go along. The lady that ordered it was having a royal wedding party. A fun idea, so I did my own fun little version of a royal wedding cake. Her party wasn't until the evening, but she wanted to pick the cake up at 10 am. I told her to make sure to keep it in a nice cool spot before the party, and off she went. At 5 o'clock we get an interesting phone call as we're closing up shop. It's the lady with the cake, and she says it's completely falling apart, and her party starts in an hour. At this point I am not impressed, my cakes do not fall apart. She swears up and down that she had it in her nice cold garage. So we go pick up the cake, bring it back and asses the situation. This lady is a filthy liar! Her cake was not kept cool, because the cake was completely melting. So I had 45 minutes to re-frost the cake, re fondant them, and re decorate. Not as well done, but pretty fantastic given the time crunch. This is the cake the first go around. Moral of the story, don't lie to your cake decorator, because they will know. And they will black list you.





 A lovely girl ordered this cake for her friend, who was turning 30

I didn't even know that kids still played with Pokemon!

Have a great rest of your weekend!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment