Pages

Nature's Broom

Breakfast is the one meal that I always neglect. I work early, and at 6:30 in the morning, eating a well rounded meal is the absolute last thing on my mind. But on days like today, when I don't have to work, and I have my parents pantry at my disposal, I decided to do a little breakfast baking. 
There's a running joke at the shop that muffins are just ugly cupcakes. Ugly or not, muffins are one of my favorite breakfast foods. Unfortunately for me, it was my sister who inherited my dad's amazing metabolism. So the usual carb and sugar filled muffins don't do my waistline any good. Fortunately I found this fantastic recipe. Bran muffins have such a bad rep.This one is light and moist, and full of lovely things like honey, applesauce and figs. But it's a super versatile base, it's also delicious with dates, or dried apricots and cranberries. I plan on freezing them individually, so I'll always be prepared to eat the most important meal of the day! 


Have a happy Monday!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment